5.30.2012

Oh, you're here..it's just as well I suppose.

i sat down this evening with great ambition to write
you a datum complete with the many magnificent sites
and tremendous adventures i've devoured upon my arrival

yet as I lifted my pen, all i could recall, was

the way the afternoon breeze brushed ripples on the water,
and the sun dropped lemony yellow dots across it's surface,
and how much they spoke, of the way you consummate me


Photo inspiration from Alicia Bock Photography http:www.alicia-bock.com.
The reflective prompt came from  http://dversepoets.com/ open link night!

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles...lovely last stanza...and i can see why that might stick in your mind..a beautiful description...

Kristina said...

so simple yet so well worded. I like it.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I agree with Brian...the closing was absolutely perfect.

Dawn said...

Love that last stanza... Very simple, but a perfect way to send us off.

liv2write2day said...

Charity, this is such a "delicious" moment in time. I like the familiar, conversational tone couple with the wonderful decriptions.

Charity said...

exceptional feedback, I took Claudia's challenge to address the "audience" and engage them to heart.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Lovely and the last stanza a treat.

Anna :o]

Heaven said...

I love the last stanza ~ You said so much in a few words ~

Charity said...

I am learning that the more I try to stretch my style, the more my style is defined.